How to use the Dext software?
Taxpayers who are not taxed through PAYE must submit their tax documents to HMRC every year. This is also the case for limited companies with tax and VAT returns. This can be a very lengthy and time-consuming process. You may also lose some documents by the end of the year when you send off the documents to your accountants, causing you to lose out on reclaiming VAT or allowable expenses for tax purposes.
Dext has been introduced to mitigate these problems. Dext is a software which allows you to keep all of your documents together in one secure platform. You simply take a picture of your bill/receipts and Dext’s automated extraction engine will populate all the required fields and ready to be reviewed by your accountants. Dext can also be connected to accounting software’s such as Xero, Sage and Quickbooks which directly feed the documents on to the accounting software and ready for your accountants to prepare your accounts/tax returns.
We will send you an email regarding Dext if it applies to your business. The email will include a link which will direct you onto Dext and instructs you how to sign up.
From there you can use the following steps:
- Open the app and click on the “Sign Up” button
- Enter your email address and create a password
- Provide your name and phone number
- Read and accept the terms and conditions
- Verify your email address by clicking on the link sent to your email
Once your account is set up, to add a transaction, follow these steps:
- Click on the “+” icon on the bottom of the screen
- take a photo of the receipt/bill
- Optional – add a category, name of the person who submitted or a note
- Click “submit“
- If you would like to review what you have submitted – click on “sales” or “costs” tabs on the bottom of the screen